Why digital footprints are important for a brand?
Digital Footprint of Brands
The internet is forever and that’s something we’ve all heard before.
Everything we post does, indeed, stay online forever, and as individuals, this means that we need to be careful about sharing sensitive information, photographs or videos.
But how does this impact brands like yours?
That’s exactly what we’re going to explore in today’s article, so keep reading to learn all about business digital footprints!
What is a Business Digital Footprint?
In short, a business digital footprint is a digital trail not of everything a brand has ever posted online, but of what others have posted about it as well.
So your Instagram posts, your blog posts, your Facebook ads, your customer’s online reviews, your replies to these reviews: all of these are elements of your digital footprint.
Keeping an eye on this footprint is important for one simple reason: you only have one chance to make a good first impression, and given that many people will discover your brand online, you should strive to build a positive digital presence.
Just think about it: if you’re looking for a restaurant online and find one that’s affordable and in your location, but has a website that barely works or countless negative reviews, you probably won’t give them a try, will you?
Monitoring and improving your online trail is, indeed, almost mandatory in today’s digital-first world, which brings us to the next question…
How can you improve your Brand’s Digital Footprint?
First things first, you need to figure out what the current state of your digital footprint is, and you can do so by answering a series of questions:
- What are the primary components of your digital footprint?
- Is your digital presence consistent across platforms?
- Are you targeting the right audience for your brand?
- Are your website, blog, and landing pages safe and protected?
- Are they well-formatted?
- Do they include any broken links?
- Are your online reviews positive or negative?
- Have you been providing users with proper support by answering their questions and reviews?
- Have you been collecting and using data in the most efficient way possible?
After answering these questions, you’ll understand if there’s any room for improvement in your digital footprint, and from there, you can make well-informed decisions and amendments, which can include:
- Invest in online brand management, that is, in constantly monitoring the way your business is perceived online. There are many tools that can help you do this, including Social Mention and Hootsuite.
- Create a professional website (and make sure to update it). There are two main places where people will look for information about your brand: your website and your social media. Make sure the first one looks professional, provides an excellent user experience, and is always up-to-date.
- Reply to social media comments and online reviews. If they’re positive, simply thank the user. If not, make sure to provide the appropriate support in order to solve the situation. Remember, every brand makes mistakes and acknowledging yours will always make you look good.
- Think mobile. In 2019, more than half of all website traffic was generated through mobile devices. In order to optimize your digital footprint, you must ensure that anyone who finds you while using their phone can have the same level of user experience as if they were on desktop.
The World Wide Web rules today’s world, and that’s why maintaining a positive digital footprint is crucial for business success, no matter what your business is. Follow all our tips and make sure you impress any potential customers that find your brand online!
November 13, 2020
September 8, 2020
August 18, 2020
We are so happy you’re here!! We love our industry and we love sharing it with others, if you have a topic you would like to know more about send us an email or leave a comment below.